Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Well this holiday season has been a whirlwind and we haven't even hit Thanksgiving yet.
But that doesn't change the fact that the Lutz Family has SO much to be thankful this year.
I wrote 2 weeks ago about Tyler getting a surprise promotion. Well last Wednesday he got offered a new job going back to the Post full time. Tyler was so excited that he got this job. He has been very nervous about FJ future since there is a HUGE lay off coming on December 4th. We are talking about 31% of the employees being laid off. Not too promising if you ask me.
So, he has to do a pre-placement physical tomorrow and then he will be putting in his 2 week notice to FJ on December 3rd. He then heads out to LA for WLC (Warrior Leadship School) on December 4th. His last official day at FJ will be December 18th. He returns from LA on December 19th and starts his new job at the Post on December 21st. I never thought I would be so happy to know we were going back to the military life. Given if it were the Air Force I don't think I would be as happy. But we have a WONDERFUL Army family and that made this decision all the more easy.
Charlie has been on Thanksgiving break all this week. His last day was last Friday and he goes back on November 30th. He loves having the extra time with Tyler before he leaves next week. He is doing so well in school. Reading so much and writing up a storm. I am so incredibly proud of the work he does.
On Veteran's Day Tyler went to Charlie's class to talk to them about Veteran's Day and a picture of him with the class was in the local paper last week, and being in a small town like we are, the two of them are like little celebraties now. LOL
As for me, I have been busy getting back on track after having the family here earlier this month. Plus, school alone has been keeping me on my toes. But I love it. I have gained so much knowledge and I am anxious to see what the rest will bring.
Overall we are all doing well. Lots of events will be coming our way in the next few months.
So, from our family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving

No comments: