Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Today is the Day!

Well almost 2 weeks ago I enrolled back into school. I decided that while yes I love being a SAHM, I wanted to do something else with my time. I wanted to go back to school and yet have it give me a job I could do from home.
While we were at the Welcome Home Ceremony a couple of Saturdays ago there was a job fair going on at the same time. One of the schools there works very closely with military spouses. So I looked into it.
I enrolled with for the Medical Billing & Coding courses. With the school I enrolled with they download my entire course onto a new laptop and send that with me along with books and such that I needed. I was stoked!!! Further more, Military One Source was offering Financial Aide for military spouses up to $6,000!! So, I got my FA approved last Thursday for the entire $6,000! And with my school they knock the price down from $5,600 to $4,500, which will leave me $1,500 left when I need to go and get my certification. I couldn't believe I just jumped in like that.
Well, today my stuff came. A brand new laptop just for me with all of my stuff just waiting for me to get down to it.
Tonight is my orientation, and then I guess I will get to work tomorrow.
It works out so well. I can still be at home for Charlie especially when Tyler is away, and I can continue to further my education. I figure my one degree just isn't enough and to just keep adding to it. LOL
Then once I finally get done with all of this, I will be able to have a good paying job while being in the comfort of my home. Not having to take away from time with Tyler and always being here for Charlie. I love it!!!
Wish me luck!!

No comments: