Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A whole heap!

Ok, things in the Lutz household have been overwhelming.
The same weekend we found out about Tyler being activated and his upcoming deployment, we found out that his mom took a turn for the worse. Its to the point where the doctors say there is nothing more medically they can do for her and have placed her in a hospice. Tyler is very upset. He is only in his late 20's and maybe lose his only living parent before he hits 30. We haven't said anything to Charlie because she could end up living for weeks, or even years, so we don't want him to have this worry on his shoulders. I am thankful we are only about a 6 hour drive away in case we need to go to be by her side.
My fertility treatments are starting to take its toll on me emotionally. It will be 3 years next month since we have been trying to add to our family and nothing has come of it. I am beginning to question if I just need to accept that we will be a family of 3. I told Tyler that I could never bring myself to do IVF. Due to my medical history, I would have a struggle carrying multiples, and I could never bring myself to do selective reduction if needed.
I ended up taking Charlie to an Ear, Nose, & Throat doctor today for his constant ear infections. He has had 3 in the last 3 months, and something was telling me it was something that seriously needed to be addressed. I was right. Not only does he have an insane amount of fluid in his ears, but its in an adnormal spot, plus his left ear drum is bulging and in turn is experiencing some minor hearing loss. He will be going in for surgery next Wednesday to have his adnoids removed and to have tubes put into his ears. Hopefully my little boy can be a happy, healthy little boy after this is done.
Tyler is getting ready to go to training sometime in May and will be gone for 5 weeks, which isn't bad, definately better than they year he will be gone starting next year.
Other than all of that, things seems to be pretty alright. Very busy as usual.
Plus, tomorrow is our 6 year wedding anniversary!! WOO HOO!!!

No comments: