Saturday, March 7, 2009

The military dropped a bomb

Well Tyler (DH) is at the post this weekend for drill. Its a monthly routine and not much comes from it. Just some training, paperwork, fixing helicopters, you know the usual.
Not today, today was the day that Tyler felt the need to drop news after news in my lap.First thing he tells me is that his unit has been activated for the next year. Basically that means, they can call him at any hour, of any day and say, you need to be here within the hour you are going to __________. He could be called for any emergency, anywhere and be gone.
The second thing he tells me is that he is being deployed in Sept 2010. Now before anyone says something like, "well thats so long away no worries blah blah blah", please don't. Unless you understand what it is like to know that you DH will be in a hostile war zone, don't give me that load of crap. I know it can change and I know that its 18 months away, but on that same note, it could become less time. And right now I have double to worry about.
Needless to say, it will be hard to watch him talk to Charlie tonight and prepare him of what could be at any given moment.
Please keep Tyler in your thoughts and that no matter when or where he goes that he will be safe.

No comments: