Friday, January 30, 2009

We have been nominated!!!!

So I got a phone call from Tammy this morning. (She is Charlie's HIPPY program teacher). Charlie is in his 3rd and final year with HIPPY and has been lucky enough to be able to have Tammy be his teacher each year.
Anyway, she called to invite Tyler and I to their annual state conference/luncheon because we have been nominated as Family of the Year!! I feel so touched that they think so much of what we have done. I mean even if we don't get the award, I feel so honored that they thought of us. It was a decision made by the entire Faulkner County HIPPY staff.
Tyler is so excited to go to work tonight and put in for the day off. I actually think I saw a tear or two in his eyes.
The luncheon is on Feb 23rd, so I will let everyone know what happens then. I just had to share my excitement.

1 comment:

Ben and Terah said...

WOW, what an accomplishment to even be considered for that! Even though I don't know you personally, I think you are GREAT!