Thursday, October 9, 2008

We met Yoda yesterday!

Ok, first let me explain the title.
My OB has been voted the best OB/GYN in the state of Arkansas for 5 years running, and then last year he was voted as one of the best doctors in the country.
So, when he referred me to a RE, I knew he would send me to someone who would take really good care of me. BOY, I had no idea!!!
My RE was my OB's resident advisor when he was learning the tricks of the trade. So, in a way my RE is my OB's Yoda!!! I thought ok, if I think my OB is great than this man has to be greater.
So, he wants to go over my films from my HSG, and look over some operative reports from past surgeries... then when I have another period I will be doing blood work on day 3 to check my eggs... and from there it looks like we will be trying an IUI with clomid.
Then to make matters better, I called my insurance company to find out what if anything would be covered, how much etc... and I got wonderful news. I have a unlimited lifetime maximum. When it comes to the IUIs there aren't any limits.They even cover IVF!!! Up to 4 retrievals in my lifetime... I personally think that is absolutely wonderful!!!
So, now its just a waiting game, but I am excited.
Tyler is very excited about this game plan. I am still trying to soak it all in. He had a good feeling about the doctor prior to going and when we were done he had this "I told you so" attitude about him. It was pretty funny actually.
'Yoda' as Tyler keeps calling him says that I have a few things in my favor. My age, the fact that I have had one successful pregnancy, Charlie is the proof of that, and also that only one of my miscarriages was past 6 weeks. Not to sure how that is a good thing, but I will roll with it.

Tyler and I are finally feeling like our 2 plus year battle has some light at the end of the tunnel. Given its still a matter of some tests and getting a more concrete plan, but either way... something tells me that the Lutz family will be announcing a healthy pregnancy soon in our future.
We are both just walking on sunshine since the appt. Tyler has been working like a mad man on one part of the remodel and I have been painting like its nobodies business. And this extra bit of good news just seems to make us want to get it done that much faster.

No comments: