Monday, September 22, 2008

I feel like I have let my family down

Well, after battling ovarian cancer for almost 3 years and being cancer free for 2 1/2, I really thought that would be my biggest challenge.
But here I am 25 years old and have only had 1 complete pregnancy. I have lost 6 other babies, 1 being a set of twins and it has all happened since Charlie was born.
So, now after trying for another child for so long, I had to finally start fertility testing. I got tested, Tyler got tested, and we are both fine. So, basically I have Unknown Infertility, or Secondary Infertility.
Now I am taking fertility drugs, and this was my first month on them and no such luck. I just don't know how much more I can take.
I mean I am 25 years old! I should be able to spit kids out like a pez dispenser. If nothing happens by the first of the year I will be going to the fertility clinic in Little Rock. I am really hoping that it doesn't get that far.
I feel like I have let down both Tyler and Charlie. Tyler and I have always wanted at least 2 kids and Charlie has been asking to be a big brother for well over a year. And here I can't give them that. What is wrong with me? I mean my doctors all believe that I should still be able to have kids despite the cancer, but for some reasoning it just isn't happening.
So, I figure I will keep going with the meds, and make a decision about the clinic if/when that time comes.
I just hope I haven't gone through all of this for nothing.

1 comment:

Ben and Terah said...

I wouldn't feel that way. You are doing all you can, with what you have been given. Things will work out like they are supposed to... It may take more time, and patience, but whatever is to come will happen.

Best of luck with everything,

Terah